Groups & institutions
- LLL CogSci Wiki
- The lab wiki
- Cognitive Science
- Graduate program web page
- Philosophy & History of Science
- PHS department web page
- Cognitive Science Society
- The international CS society
- Hellenic Cognitive Science Society
- The Greek CS society
- Statistical processing package.
An introduction to R,
Notes on the use of R for psychology experiments and questionnaires,
The R journal,
Dan Mirman's R Resources,
ez ANOVA package,
Must-Have R Packages for Social Scientists,
R <- Psychologist,
R links for experimental linguistics.
- Programming language.
Python links for experimental linguistics.
- Integration of R with LaTeX to produce text with embedded statistical analyses, data, and graphics.
- Experimental control software, delivering stimuli and recording responses. Online help, alphabetic keyword list, ScriptingRT (to create online studies)
- Vocal response processing
- IPLR (ILSP PsychoLinguistic Resources)
- Data and online tools for selecting and constructing verbal stimuli
- SPM (statistical parametric mapping)
- Statistical analysis software for neuroimaging data
- Library of neuroimaging analysis tools
- A speech analysis, modification and synthesis system
- Brain tutor
- An educational program about the brain
- Mendeley, colwiz, zotero
- Reference management software
- Psy soft
- Comprehensive list of visual psychophysics software
- Software and Tools
- Lists and reviews of software for experimental linguistics
- Neuroimaging visualization software
- MRIcron, caret (About, Download), BrainVoyager
- Learning R
- Index of Online R Courses
- Statistics Online Computational Resource
- Portable online aids for probability and statistics education, technology based instruction and statistical computing.
- TryR Code School
- Online R course (sponsored by O'Reilly)
- Learn R online
- Coursera Data Science Specialization
- A nine-course introduction to data science, developed and taught by leading professors.
- Software Carpentry
- Teaching basic lab skills for research computing
- Python class
- Google python class (day 1 part 1)
- Data Camp
- Data science courses
- R Practicals
- Josef Fruehwald's R Study group practicals
- Learning Statistics with R
- Daniel Navarro's introductory statistics class for psychology students using the R statistical package.
- Bodo Winter tutorials
- Bodo Winter's tutorials on statistics and R.
- R workshop
- R workshop on using linear models, logistic regression, and growth curve analyses to analyze eye-tracking data
- Categorical predictors
- Coding categorical variables when analyzing factorial experiments with regression (see also this document)
- Data visualization
- Hadley Wickham's data visualization course and manuscript on visualizing statistical models
- R Graph Compendium
- A compendium of clean graphs in R
Archives & resources
- Cognitive sciences e-print archive
- A bibliography of the philosophy of mind and the science of consciousness
- Dedicated to the communication of news, science, and information of interest to the brain mapping community, and to sharing and promoting the science of brain mapping. (also see their links)
- The Mind Research Repository
- Repository for publications and corresponding data and analyses (R code).
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- A comprehensive online encyclopedia
- Abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources
- Biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books
- Google Scholar
- Online scholarly literature search (advanced search)
- Hellenic academic library consortium, access to online journal full text
- UoA online services
- Library catalogs, databases, and information services, University of Athens
- IATE term search
- Online search in the European Union inter-institutional terminology database (InterActive Terminology for Europe)
- Online English dictionary
- Online Modern Greek dictionary
- Cognitive Science Glossary
- An English-Greek/Greek-English dictionary of cognitive science terms
- Statistics terms
- English-Greek dictionary of statistics (M. Tsagris)
- Neuroscience terms
- English-Greek dictionary of neuroscience (by the Hellenic Society for Neuroscience)
- MRI safety
- UK medicine and healthcare products regulatory agency, Athinoula A. Martinos imaging center at MIT, MRI subject safety screen at UCLA, Information from Oregon Health & Science University, UCSD center for functional MRI
- Neuroimaging atlases
Links at brainmapping.org,
Brodmann's Interactive Atlas,
The whole brain atlas,
- The science network
- 10 years of Rumelhart prizes symposium (legendary figures in cognitive science). Also, lectures and interview from the society's 10th conference (2010) and 11th conference (2011) (don't miss David Poeppel)
- Allen Newell
- Allen Newell's last lecture, titled “Desires and Diversions” (1991).
- TED: Ideas worth spreading
- Merzenich, Ramachandran, Taylor, Santos, Gopnik, Goleman, Bloom, Csikszentmihalyi, Schwartz, Kahneman, deCharms.
- Google Talks
- Lakoff, Merzenich, Mitchell.
- Edge videos
- Dehaene, Gopnik, Noë, Kahneman, Pinker vs. Spelke.
- MIT OpenCourseWare
- Online courses from MIT. (see Brain and Cognitive Sciences)
- Academic earth
- Online courses by top scholars.
- The human spark (PBS)
- What makes humans unique;
- The dyslexia myth
- What research really shows about dyslexia.
Blogs and collections
- Language Log
- Topics in language and linguistics
- Topics in neurosciences
- The Neurocritic
- “Deconstructing the most sensationalistic recent findings in Human Brain Imaging, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Psychopharmacology”
- Research blogging
- Scientific research topics. Psychology channel. Neuroscience channel.
- Cognitive Daily
- Topics in cognitive psychology (archive)
- Psychology blogs
- A list of selected psychology blogs
- You are not so smart
- Popular misconceptions about how we think
- Talking Brains
- Greg Hickok and David Poeppel blog on the neural organization of language
- 20 years of fMRI
- Special issue of NeuroImage (Vol. 62, Iss. 2, pp. 575–1324, August 2012) for the 20 years of functional magnetic resonance imaging
- Daniel Bor
- An author and neuroscientist writes about consciousness, neuroimaging, and other stuff
- The upturned microscope
- A pessimist science comics & humor blog
- Cognitive fun!
- Cognitive self-testing. See how well you do in a variety of cognitive experiments.
- Experimental Linguistics in the Field
- For fieldworking linguists who want to do experiments – and for psycholinguists who want to go beyond the lab
- Bad Science
- Ben Goldacre's blog, “unpicking the misuse of science and statistics”
- Data Pub
- Blog about all things data from the California Digital Library (including the 10 things every new grad student should do)
- Bayesian methods
- A reading list on tools of Bayesian statistics and machine learning for cognitive science