WELCOME TO THE PERSONAL WEB PAGE OF
Dr. Andreas Scorilas, Ph.D
Professor of Clinical Biochemistry,
Head, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece.
Seven Framework Program (FP7), European Union (Health, Cancer Section)
Cancer Research UK
Health Research Board (HRB) of Ireland
General Secretary for Research and Technology of Greece
Internal Grant Agency of Czech Republic
Internal Grant Agency of Romania
BBA Molecular Basis Disease
BBA - Molecular Cell
BMC Molecular Biology
Breast Cancer Research
British Journal of cancer
British Journal of Pharmacology
Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention
Clinica Chimica Acta
Clinical Cancer Research
Expert Opinion on Emerging Drugs
Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy
In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology
International Journal of Cancer
J Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
J Cancer Science Therapy
J Medicinal Chemistry
J Surgical Oncology
J Biological Research
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Journal of Oncology
Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A Chemistry
Methods and Findings in Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology
Nature Reviews Urology
Protein Expression & Purification
The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology
The Protein Journal
Tumor Biology ..etc
Ranked among the top Researchers/Authors -
- in the field of Biological Tumor Markers
National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry Award, Los Angeles, USA, 2012.
"E.K. Frey - E. Werle" Promotion Prize, International Scientific Award, Munich, Germany, 2009
"Dionysios Razis" Scientific Award, Athens, Greece, 2009
"The World Metal of Freedom", American Biographical Institute, North Carolina, US, 2008
"Greek Society of Men of Letters" Scientific Award, Athens, Greece, 2008
"Empeirikeion Grant Award", Athens, Greece, 2007
"Elected Fellow" of the International Academy of Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Haemostasis , New York, US, 2004
1. Invited plenary lecturer in the INsPiRE International Conference-Oncogenic pathways and anti-tumor responses, Athens,
2. Invited plenary lecturer in 5th International Symposium on Kallikreins and Kallikrein-Related peptidases, Toronto, Canada, 2013.
3. Invited speaker in 64th Congress of the Hellenic Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Athens, Greece, 2013
4. Invited speaker in Breast Cancer and tumors of the female reproductive tract meeting, Athens, Greece, 2013.
5. Invited speaker in "2nd International Conference and Exhibition on Cell & Gene Therapy", Florida, USA, 2013.
6. Invited plenary lecturer in 62nd Hellenic Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Conference, Athens, Greece, 2011.
7. Invited speaker in EORTC (European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer), Head and neck cancer group
meeting, Brussels, Belgium, 2010
8. Invited plenary lecturer in 8th Tumor Markers - Targeted Therapy Congress, Athens, Greece, 2010.
9. Invited speaker in 9th Conference of the Greek Society of Clinical Chemistry Athens, Greece, 2010.
10. Invited speaker in the workshop of Hellenic Society of Pathological Anatomy,Athens, Greece, 2010.
11. Invited plenary lecturer in 3rd International Symposium on Kallikreins and Kallikrein-Related peptidases,
Munich, Germany, 2009
12. Invited speaker in Biomedical Asia 2009 International Conference, Singapore, 2009.
13. Invited plenary lecturer, 3rd Euro-Mediterranean congress on Oncology Radiology,
Tozeur, Tunisia, October 2008.
14. Invited plenary lecturer, 3rd Conference on Diagnostic, Predictive and Experimental Oncology,
Olomouc, Czech republic, 2007.
15. Invited speaker, 4th Hellenic symposium on breast cancer, Athens, Greece, 2007
16. Invited plenary lecturer, 8eme Seminaire Sur Les Cancers Du Cavum, de la biologie a la therapeutique,
SFax ,Tunisia, 2007.
17. Invited lecturer, 3o Pan-Hellenic anticancer conference, Athens, Greece, 2007.
18. Invited plenary lecturer, 6o Pan-Hellenic Symposium of Clinical Chemistry, Athens, Greece, 2006.
19. Invited plenary lecturer, 8th Annual Meeting of the Hellenic Research Club for Connective Tissue & Matrix Biology,
Heraklion, Greece, April 2006.
20. Invited speaker in seminars of Clinical Research Unit / Dept. Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School ,
Technical University of Munich - Germany , 2005.
21. Invited speaker, scientific symposium of 4th Surgery Department, 'Attikon' University General Hospital, 2005.
22. Invited plenary lecturer, International Congress of Laboratory Medicine: Enzymes Meet Proteomics,
Padova, Italy, 2004.
23. Invited plenary lecturer, 4i Mediterranean Conference of Laboratory Medicine, Bari, Italy, 2004.
Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics, 2014
Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, 2013
Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, 2013
Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, 2012
Advances in Hematology,2011
Biological Chemistry, 2011
Biological Chemistry, 2010
Genome Medicine, 2010
Future Oncology, 2009
Atlas of Genetics and Cytogenetics in Oncology and Haematology, 2009
Atlas of Genetics and Cytogenetics in Oncology and Haematology, 2008
Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, 2006
Critical Review of Clinical Laboratory Science, 2005
Clinical Laboratory, 2004
Critical Review of Clinical Laboratory Science, 2001
Major Awards and Distinctions
Referee for Grant Agencies and Scientific Journals
Invitation for review articles
© 2010-2016, Andreas Scorilas