Astrophysicist, with primary scientific interests in the fields of:
- dynamics, evolution, and collisions of galaxies,
- identification and mass estimates of black holes,
- interstellar medium properties in quiescent & extreme environments,
- influence of black holes on the evolution of galaxies.
Examples of recent work:
- ALMA reveals that the molecular gas in jet-driven winds is highly excited and optically thin (Dasyra et al. 2016, A&A, in press).
- Detection of multiple winds driven by the jet of a supermassive black hole in the galaxy IC5063 (Dasyra et al. 2015).
- Detection of a radio jet by its effects on the molecular gas in the galaxy NGC1377 (Aalto et al. 2016).
More on "publications" and "press releases".
European Weak of Astronomy & Space Science 2016 - Molecular Gas Outflows (Invited Review)
The ISM-SPP Olympian School of Astrophysics 2016 - From Large Scale Structures to Galaxies
The ISM-SPP Olympian School of Astrophysics 2016 - The ISM in extragalactic environments