Laboratory of Organic Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
University of Athens
1. ACS Young Academic Investigators Award (ACS), 9th Young Academic Investigators, 248th ACS National Meeting, Organic Division, San Francisco, USA, August 2014. (Europe’s representative). Award to encourage outstanding young academic investigators at the beginning of their career (year 2014). The intent of the Symposium is to have the program composed of Assistant Professor speakers. Sixteen speakers are invited to give 30-
2. Young Investigators Workshop (EuCheMS), Workshop to encourage outstanding young academic investigators at the beginning of their career (year 2014). EuCheMS workshops promote and recognize academic excellence. Each National Chemical Society (European countries, USA, Canada, Japan, and China) nominates one young investigator, for which a total of not more than 30 can be chosen.
3. JSP (Junior Scientist Programme) Fellowship to attend the Burgenstock Conference 2016. A very famous conference that you can attend only after invitation. JSP fellowships are to promote the participation of promising European scientists–rising stars at the beginning of their academic careers (2016).
4. Hildegard Zervas Award from the Academy of Athens (National Academy of Science and Arts) for the promotion of Organic Chemistry (December 2016).
5. Greek Representative in the Organic and Biomolecular Division of IUPAC (January 2017).
6. Member of the General Assembly of the Greek Institute of Research and Innovation (January 2017).
Invited Oral presentations
13. “Organocatalysis and PhotoOrganocatalysis: Applications in Synthesis” National Research Foundation, Athens, Greece, June 2017.
12. “Phenylglyoxylic Acid as the Photocatalyst for Green Visible-
11. “Synthetic Methods to 2-
10. “Organocatalysis and Photocatalysis: Green Approaches for C-
9. “Οrganocatalyis and PhotoOrganocatalysis: Novel Green Organocatalysts and Applications in Medicinal Chemistry” National Research Foundation, Athens, April 2016.
8. “Organocatalysis and PhotoOrganocatalysis: Green Asymmetric Catalysis, One-
7. “Amino Acids, their Derivatives and Activated Ketones: Organocatalysts for Asymmetric Transformations and Green Oxidations” 248th ACS Meeting, 9th Young Academic Investigators Award, San Francisco, USA, August 2014. (Europe’s representative). The intent of the Symposium is to have the program composed of Assistant Professor speakers. Sixteen speakers are invited to give 30-
6. “Organocatalytic Endeavors Leading to One-
5. “Amino Acids, their Derivatives and Peptides as Organocatalysts for Asymmetric Transformations” 13th Chinese International Peptide Symposium, Datong, China, June 2014.
4. “Organocatalysis: A Novel Approach for Asymmetric Catalysis and Green Chemistry” University of Athens, Greece, May 2014.
3. “Amino Acids and their Derivatives as catalysts for Organocatalytic Cascade Transformations” 5th ORCA Meeting, Palermo, Italy, May 2014.
2. “Thioureas Based on Amino Acids and Pyrrolidine/thioxopyrimidinone as Catalysts for Asymmetric Organic Transformations” Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA, February 2013.
1. “Novel Efficient Organocatalysts for Difficult Asymmetric Transformations” 10th Symposium on Chiral Approaches, Tokyo, Japan, February 2012.