· Professor A. C. Calokerinos was born in Athens, Greece and received his B.Sc. in Chemistry from the Department of Chemistry of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
· He continued for postgraduate studies at the University of Birminghan, United Kingdom, for the degrees of Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Analytical Chemistry and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Chemistry (Analytical Chemistry) under the supervision of Professors R. Belcher and A. Townshend.
· He has also visited the University of Hull, United Kingdom for postdoctoral studies.
· Professor A. C. Calokerinos is a member of the staff of the Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry of the Department of Chemistry of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens since 1979.
· He has served as Deputy Rector of the University of Athens (2014-2015), Deputy Chairman (2003-2005 and 2007-2009) and Chairman (2009-2011 and 2011 – 2013), Director of Section I (2005- 2007 and 2015-2017) and Director of the Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry (2017-2018) of the Department of Chemistry.
· He has served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the “University of Athens Property Development and Management Company” (2015-2018).
· His teaching duties at the undergraduate level include Analytical Chemistry (lectures and laboratory practice) for first year Chemistry students and second year Pharmacy students and Current Analytical Techniques for final year Chemistry students.
· At the postgraduate level, he is the coordinator of the postgraduate course ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY where he gives lectures on Statistical treatment of Analytical results and Advanced Analytical Chemistry.
· He also participates in the postgraduate course CHEMICAL ANALYSIS – QUALITY CONTROL where he gives lectures on Chemical Instrumentation, Advanced Analytical Chemistry and Quality Control of Packaging Material