Doctoral dissertations supervised
- Outos, Konstantinos (in progress). A connectionist model of Greek word and pseudoword reading.
- Fotiadis, Fotios (in progress). The relative contribution of distinct memory systems in procedural learning tasks.
- Loui, Sofia (in progress). The representation and processing of morphologically complex words in the mental lexicon.
- Andrikopoulou, Angeliki (in progress). Representation and perception of lexical stress in Greek.
- Ziaka, Laoura (in progress). Interference and cognitive control dynamics in the course of serial naming tasks.
Masters theses supervised
A. Interdepartmental graduate program in basic and applied cognitive science, University of Athens
- Katopodi Aikaterini (2015). Automatization of digits and its relation to rapid naming during development.
- Koustoumbardis Miltiadis (2015). Implicit orthographic learning.
- Ziaka, Laoura (2014). Study of intratask components of the Stroop task: Column time and pause time.
- Dimopoulou, Theodora (2014). The role of discriminant reinforcement in task-irrelevant perceptual learning of acoustic-phonetic categories.
- Samaras, Evangelos (2014). Naming interference resulting from practice: Is there symmetry between shape and color?
- Mitsi, Anna (2013). Perceptual familiarization with difficult to spell words during an irrelevant task.
- Altani, Angeliki (2012). The role of executive function in the relationship between rapid naming of visual stimuli and reading.
- Katidioti, Ioanna (2012). A dual-route connectionist model of spelling for the Greek language.
- Andrikopoulou, Angeliki (2011). The effect of different types of semantic priming in readers of Greek.
- Panagaki, Eleonora (2011). Lexical stress information in the mental lexicon of Greek speakers.
- Fotiadis, Fotios (2010). The effect of cue naming in probabilistic category learning.
- Moirou, Despoina (2009). Practice and Stroop interference in children and adults.
- Kapnoula Efthymia (2009). The dual route theory of word recognition: Evaluation of the dual-route cascaded model using Greek data.
- Cheimariou, Spyridoula (2009). Verb morphology in patients with aphasia.
- Outos, Konstantinos, (2009). Computational model of Greek word and pseudoword reading.
- Kotsolakou, Areti (2009). The role of vocabulary in individual variability and longitudinal development of passage comprehension.
- Vagias, Ioannis (2009). Computational models for the study of individual differences in Stroop interference.
- Grimani, Aikaterini (2008). The effect of morphological information on stress assignment in reading words and pseudowords.
- Skoteinou, Dimitra (2008). Individual differences in Stroop interference in relation to reading ability.
- Markatou, Artemis (2008). The role of practice in Stroop interference.
- Foka-Kavalieraki Panagoula (2008). A study of narrative production in patients with aphasia.
- Nomikou, Elina (2007). A study of reading orthographically predictably and unpredictable words.
- Spanou, Elena (2006). Zajonc's theory of affective priming: Is there really an emotional response without prior cognitive processing?
- Vlahou, Eleni (2006). Implicit learning of acoustic categories that may underlie phonetic categories.
- Tsantoula, Dimitra (2005). Language indicators in the preschool age and reading performance in 1st grade.
- Gerakaki Svetlana (2005). Conditions of cognitive load and stress assignment errors in pseudoword reading.
- Alexandri Styliani (2005). Errors in pseudoword reading attributable to metrical patterns of modern Greek.
- Grigoriadou, Alexandra (2005). Construction and preliminary psychometric validation of a scale to measure cognitive styles in foreign language learning.
- Lazaridou, Myrto (2005). The grammatical categories of verb tense, aspect, and agreement in the production of typical Greek speakers.
B. Graduate program “Technoglossia,” Institute for Language & Speech Processing
- Karagiannidou, Afroditi (2011). Assessment of reading comprehension in elementary school children.
- Drakopoulou, Styliani (2008). Categorization of spelling errors and analysis of their relative frequency in the general population.
- Fakou, Aikaterini (2008). Differences in relative frequency of spelling errors between students with and without reading difficulty.
- Paschou, Efstratia (2008). Methods and tasks to measure morphosyntactic awareness.
Undergraduate theses supervised
A. Department of Philosophy and History of Science, University of Athens
- Leventi, Marianna (2016). Implicit orthographic learning.
- Roumelioti, Agathi (in progress). The effect of pictures on semantic priming in school-age children.
- Tsitsopoulou, Sofia-Maria (2014). Implicit orthographic learning during an irrelevant color detection task.
- Galari, Aikaterini (2013). The effect of animacy on the structure and production time of subordinate clauses.
- Piokos, Andreas (2013). The asymmetry that arises after practice in naming colors and shapes.
B. Department of Psychology, Panteion University of Athens
- Pliatsikas, Christos (2004). Nicotine and caffeine: Contemporary studies of their effects on the cognitive functions of healthy individuals.
- Georgakopoulou, Marianna (2003). Memory formation mechanisms of fearful stimuli.
- Valeonti, Natalia (2003). Verb inflection errors in agrammatism.
- Messaritakis, Theodoros (2003). Mood disorders: causes and therapeutic approaches.
- Tsagkaraki Christina (2003). Impaired phonological coding in the memory of children with dyslexia.
- Mpakella, Georgia (2002). Neuropsychological and neurophysiological diagnostic indices of attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder.
- Tsakou, Aikaterini (2002). Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder: comparative evaluation of pharmaceutical and psychotherapy intervention.
- Archonti, Anastasia (2002). The relationship between reading ability and Stroop interfence form the point of view of automaticity.
- Triantafyllakos, Triantafyllos (2002). The discrepancy between intelligence quotient and reading ability in individuals with learning disability in written language.
- Dimitsantos Evangelos (2001). Psychophysiological assessment of meditational experience.
C. Co-supervision in other departments
Last updated on July 2nd, 2016
- Panagiotaropoulou, Georgia (School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, 2015). fMRI data processing and their application to the problem of audiovisual saliency. Supervisor: P. Maragos.
- Kollias, Pavlos (Department of Informatics, University of Athens, 2010). Cognitive models for repeated competitive games. Supervisor: M. Koumbarakis.
- Chaspari, Theodora (School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, 2010). Emotion recognition by voice. Supervisor: P. Maragos.
- Alevizos, Elias (School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, 2008). Modeling speech signal processing by the auditory nervous system. Supervisor: G. Carayannis.