The present e-module was developed to serve as an exemplar module for continuing professional development (CPD) for graduate European dentists.
The topic of "Sterilisation and cross-infection control in the dental practice" was selected, as it is a core compulsory or recommended dental CPD topic in most European countries
This e-module is intended for dental professionals, dental hygienists and auxiliary staff working in a dental health care facility.
Dental Schools can download the module's template and adapt to local needs.
- The menu on the left includes different topics of the sterilisation procedures in a dental office/health care centre
- The topics can be read sequentially or in random order
- The frame on right include links to related information
- Users are encouraged to perform the self-assessment quizzes to test their knowledge acquisition
- You can click on the images to enlarge them and then use your keyboard arrow keys or the mouse wheel to advance.
- All prevention measures indicated in this module reflect the present scientific data on the subject. They may be amended in the future, according to the future evidence-based scientific data
- The information on the topic may vary depending on the country that you work in. We therefore advice you to further consult local recommendations.
- All sterilisation and cross-infection control measures described in this module reflect the scientific data on the subject at the time of development. They may be amended in the future, according to the future evidence-based scientific data.